Stop That Train
- "Stop that Train, I wanna get off" - From "Draw Your Brakes" by Scotty, also on The Harder They Come soundtrack.
- Bass drum, horns and chimes from "Save the World" by All The People
- "D" train - Back in the 1980s, the way to get to Coney Island was to take the D train. Currently you have to take the W or F train.
- "I got nothin' to lose, so I'm pissin' on the third rail" - the third rail being the one that supplied the car with electricity
- "Jamacia Queens funkin'" refers to "Funkin' For Jamacia" by Tom Browne
- "Rhymes...about the hard times" from the song "Hard Times" by Run-DMC
- Bernard Goetz (shot muggers on subway)
- Captain Kirk - Star Trek
- Dr. Hfuhruhurr ale - potent 40 oz bottled ale, also Steve Martin's character in The Man With Two Brains
- Dunkin' Donuts - chain of donut shops
- El Diario (Spanish newspaper in NYC)
- George Drakolius - Producer (The Cult, Black Crowes) and a protege of Rick Rubin
- Lees - Lee jeans
- New York Post - New York newspaper
- Orange Julius - Chain of fast drinks
- This track is a portion of B-Boy Bouillabaisse on Paul's Boutique.