- "All the ladies in the house...the ladies, the ladies" - "Jazzy Sensation" by Afrika Bambataa
- "Baby, Baby, Baby" is from Zapp's "Heartbreaker"
- "Fresh," Fab-5 Freddy
- "Funky!", "Damn!" and "Is it funky, brotha?" from "Funky President" by James Brown
- "Good God!" - "War" by Edwin Starr
- "Hey Ladies" sample is from Kurtis Blow's "Party Time" on the Party Time album
- "One for the Treble (Fresh)" by Davy DMX. Following the line: 'And when I say stupid I mean cupid" you hear "Fresh" from the song cut in (and then the line: "I'm not James at 15...")
- "Pumpin' It Up" by the P-Funk All Stars
- "She's thinks she's the passionate one" - "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet on the album Desolation Boulevard
- Cameo's, "Shake Your Pants" before "all the ladies in the house"
- Guitar and synth under "All the ladies in the house...the ladies, the ladies" is from "Shake your Pants", by Cameo on the Cameosis album
- In the video version: "Baby, Baby, Baby" is Deep Purple's "Hush"
- Kool and the Gang's, "Jungle Boogie"
- Mostly "Machine Gun" by The Commodores
- Roger's, "So Rough, So Tuff"
- World Famous Supreme Team, "Hey DJ" at the very first "get funky" before the cowbell.
- "Take my advice at any price a gorilla like..." - from Magilla Gorilla theme song (actual lyrics "a gorilla like Magilla is mighty nice")
- "Tune In, Turn On" - (Drop Out) - popular phrase in 60's by Dr. Timothy Leary
- Chachi in Charge - a reference to Scott Baio's character in Happy Days, and his show "Charles in Charge"
- Chuck Woolery - host of TV's Love Connection
- James at 15 - Lance Kerwin TV show from late 70s
- Saduhara Oh - great Japanese baseball player
- Tom Cushman is a nationally syndicated sportswriter
- Tom Foolery - acting in a foolish manner
- Tom Thumb
- Vincent Van Gogh - Famous painter, who mailed his severed ear to his girlfriend to show how much he loved her
- Welcome Back Kotter